۲:۰۲:۵۹ سه شنبه ۱۳ اسفند ۱۳۹۸
بر چسب ها: نسیم توسعه
- Iraq to launch investigations against killing of protestersIraq’s Prime Minister Mustafa al-Khadimi announced the formation of an investigation committee to look into the killings of Iraqi protesters.
- Lebanon’s economic crisis is decimating its middle classThe middle class in cash-strapped Lebanon is having a hard time making ends meet as salaries have been slashed and banks are imposing informal capital control, all compounded by the coronavirus-induced lockdown measures.
- New law cuts contact for families split between Israel, IranPrearranged contact with Israelis has become a criminal offense in Iran in a harsh blow to remaining Jews in the country and tens of thousands of Iranian-Israelis, populations already traumatized by loss and disconnection.
- What are Jordan’s options if Israel annexed the West Bank?Jordan is considering suspending parts of the 1994 peace treaty with Israel, sources told Al-Monitor, if Israel goes ahead with its plan to annex parts of the West Bank and the Jordan Valley.
- Netanyahu conducting his trial outside courthouseIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu intends to play for time and drag the trial against him for many months and perhaps even years.
- Netanyahu appears at Jerusalem courthouse as corruption trial beginsFacing a panel of three judges, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is the first incumbent leader of Israel to stand trial.
- Iraqi judiciary initiates procedures to hold MPs accountable on corruption chargesThe Supreme Judicial Council in Iraq is seeking to interrogate a number of members of parliament on charges of corruption and defamation.
- Is Turkey on moderation path in its foreign policy?Conciliatory messages coming out of Ankara recently may appear as an effort to moderate Turkish foreign policy vis-a-vis the United States, Europe and Israel, but they are likely to be just maneuvering to weather the many stalemates in Turkey's foreign ties.
- US may try to raise the stakes for Russia in SyriaThe politics of humanitarian corridors; Hayat Tahrir al-Sham tries a shakedown in Idlib; Ben Caspit to interview former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Al-Monitor podcast.
- Libya's GNA takes back more of southern Tripoli from HifterThe Government of National Accord says it captured a string of towns from military strongman Khalifa Hifter this week.
- Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich: Bundesliga's Klassiker – live!Minute-by-minute updates from the Bundesliga, kick-off 5.30 pmDer Klassiker returns with Bayern and Dortmund’s rivalry poisedThe Fiver: Dortmund v Bayern, Glyn Pardoe and Gary BarlowAny thoughts? You can email Rob.Smyth@theguardian.com 6.50pm BST 62 min Corner to Dortmund. Nothing comes of it, but this is a better spell for Dortmund. 6.49pm BST 60 min “I’m sure […]
- Coronavirus US live: Trump and Cuomo to discuss 'major infrastructure program'New York governor will meet US president in Washington WednesdayTrump and Biden at center of battle over mask-wearingWashington DC reports zero coronavirus deaths for first time since MarchWhy first US coronavirus death may for ever go unmarkedCoronavirus – latest global updatesGet a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter 6.49pm […]
- Coronavirus live news: Putin says Russia past peak of outbreak despite highest daily death tollWHO warns of second peak as global cases pass 5.5m; Irish taoiseach Leo Varadkar denies picnic with friends was rule breach; world health leaders urge green recoveryGlobal report: ‘disaster’ looms as WHO warns of second peakLeo Varadkar denies picnic with friends broke Covid-19 rulesDominic Cummings refuses to resign or apologise for lockdown breachUK coronavirus updates […]
- UK coronavirus live: Hancock hints at review of family lockdown fines as Tory revolt over Cummings growsHancock announces anti-viral drug remdesivir will be given to some NHS Covid-19 patients; number of Tory MPs call on Cummings to resign as junior minister quits; official UK death toll passes 37,000Cummings faces questions over altered virus blogpost‘Political gale’: world press on Dominic Cummings’ self-defenceBAME people fined more than white population under coronavirus lawsGlobal coronavirus […]
- New York Stock Exchange reopens two months after closing due to Covid-19Most employees will continue to work remotely; those who return will be required to wear face masks and practice social distancingThe New York Stock Exchange’s famous Wall Street trading floor opened on Tuesday for the first time in more than two months, having closed in March due to the spread of Covid-19.Governor Andrew Cuomo rang […]
- Coronavirus latest: at a glanceA summary of the biggest developments in the global coronavirus outbreakFollow our latest coronavirus blog for live news and updatesKey developments in the global coronavirus outbreak today include: Continue reading...
- Newcastle takeover in serious doubt as WTO rules pirate TV channel is SaudiSaudi Arabia is behind satellite TV service beoutQ, WTO rules‘Breach of international law’ threatens £300m deal for clubThe controversial £300m Saudi Arabia-funded takeover of Newcastle United appears to be in serious doubt after the World Trade Organisation ruled that the country is behind a pirate satellite TV and streaming service that offers illegal access to […]
- UK recession may not be as bad as feared, says Bank of England economistAndy Haldane says latest data is ‘a shade better’ than forecast but caution remainsCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageBritain’s economy is on course for a shallower recession than feared after a series of surveys showed business activity has recovered at a modest rate, the Bank of England’s chief economist said.Andy Haldane said recent […]
- New tape contradicts Michael Jordan's Dream Team claims in The Last DanceClip shows Jordan refused Isiah Thomas as teammateFormer Bulls star said he played no part in team selectionMichael Jordan’s claim that he had no part in his rival Isiah Thomas being left off the USA’s Olympic ‘Dream Team’ have been contradicted by a new audio recording.In the recent ESPN documentary on Jordan’s career, The Last […]
- Lufthansa agrees €9bn bailout with German governmentState to take 20% stake in airline, which has been struggling after coronavirus reduced flightsGermany has thrown Lufthansa a €9bn (£8bn) lifeline, agreeing a bailout that gives Berlin a veto in the event of a hostile bid for the airline.The largest German corporate rescue since the coronavirus crisis struck will result in the government taking […]